Mar

How Do You Become a Disney Channel Actress?

It seems like every girl I know has the desire to become a Disney Channel actress.  And there is nothing wrong with wishing for that, or with dreaming about being a Disney Channel star.

And frankly, little girls could dream of things a lot less wholesome than Disney, so I say let them keep dreaming.  What could be more magical for a young girl than being on the Disney Channel where everyone they know can see them?

The fact is your daughter could become a Disney Channel actress, or your son could become a Disney Channel actor.  But the reality is that these things are dreamed by many but achieved by few. And rarely do young people become Disney Channel stars overnight, regardless of how it may appear.

If you look at the history of nearly any Disney Channel star, you’ll find that they worked in the entertainment industry for a number of years before becoming a star.

Look up some of your favorite Disney Channel stars from High School Musical in the Internet Movie Database (e.g., Ashley Tisdale). Check out the earliest listed tv or film role there and the year they became a Disney Channel star. There were probably at least three or four years between their first listed role and when they became a star on Disney Channel.

So parents, you can help your child chase after every Disney opportunity you hear about (see more discussion on this topic in How Do You Get Auditions for Disney Channel).  But truthfully, the time you and your young actor spend doing those things could be better spent.

If you really want to give your child the chance to become a Disney Channel actress or actor, you need to guide them to do things that are more likely to make a difference in the long run.  So what can you do?

The truth is, while there are absolutely no guarantees in showbiz, there are things you can do to help increase your child’s chances of succeeding with Disney or in the entertainment industry in general.  The following is a good list to start with:

• Enroll your child in acting classes. Research to make sure the teacher is reputable.
  • Enroll your child in voice classes or lessons. Singing ability and training can be a real plus for Disney Channel roles.
  • Enroll your child in a comedy and improvisation class. This is particularly valuable for Disney-type shows, plus it is a lot of fun.
  • Seek representation of a talent agent and/or talent manager for your child as this is the best way to get your child into Disney auditions.
  • Encourage your child to get involved in community, church, and school plays or other activities where they can perform.

If your child really does want to become a Disney Channel actress or become a Disney Channel actor, help them to keep that dream alive by having them develop skills and do things that could actually help them achieve that goal.

And remind your child that becoming a Disney Channel star is not something that happens quickly.  If it is something they really want, they need to work hard to try to get it.  And they need to be patient.

For more tips on how to become a Disney Channel actress and to become successful in the entertainment industry, sign up for Your Young Actor’s Newsletter.

324 comments

1. Sophie Amick says:

Hi my names Sophie I was Born in Fort Wayne Indiana, I love acting and the idea of it but I have absolutely no experience, I’m 12 years old and will be 13 in September, this is a long shot but I would so love a part on a Disney show, thx for your time, -Sophie

2. Mariah Anderson says:

Hi my name is mariah , I live New Orleans, Lousi 17anna . I’m 12 about to be 13 on August 17 , 2013 . I’m not a shy person, i love to have fun . Thank you for your time hope you reply back ~Mariah Anderson

3. Mariah Anderson says:

Hi my name is mariah , I live New Orleans, Lousisanna . I’m 12 about to be 13 on August 17 , 2013 . I’m not a shy person, i love to have fun . Thank you for your time hope you reply back ~Mariah Anderson

4. alesha mcbride says:

I will love to be an young actor

5. Samantha says:

Hi, my name is samantha and im 12 years old my dream is to become a singer/ actor and maybe a dancer! i love disney channel and i watch it all the time and it will be my dream to be on disney channel and ithink i act and sing good. Please give me a chance, i will nenevr give up on this dream ever

6. samantha gonzalez says:

Hi my name is samantha, im 12 years old and my dream is to become a singer and a disney channel actor, i will never give up on this dream. please give me a chance, i think i act pretty good and sing very well, please reply

7. Jaden and Destiny says:

Hi, I am a 13 year old girl with dreams of becoming a actress.
    And my almost 13 friend, Destiny share the same dream.
    We know that we have the talent to be successful.
    And we both told our parents but they replied with “Many people want to be famous, but its a 1/1,000,000 chances you will. But we don’t care about what they think of our dream. We both want to inspire others. We want people to hear our words.
    And we think creating someone else’s perspective is so amazing.
    We appreciate if you took the time to read this.

8. Savannah Welch says:

It is my dream to become a famous actress

9. Alyssa says:

I want to be a famous actress I am 10 years old I want to act but I am kind of shy but i’m really good. Please email me and let me know if there are ANY openings on a new upcoming show I would love to audition please let me know. Thanks for your time ~Alyssa Dawson

10. Angelica says:

Hi,i’m 10 and i really want to be an actress it’s been my dream since i was 5,and i’m devoted to be an actress no matter what it takes i’m trying to make my dreams come truth!

11. kylie says:

it has been my dream to become an actress since I was 8 years old and I’m 13 years old ill be 14 in September. I live in Price, Utah. I always make personnel videos with my younger sister. we also love to watch Disney channel. I hope my actress dreams come true.

12. Hana says:

I think it would awesome to be an actress, but sadly, I don’t have the time.

13. shania anderson says:

I would love to be a Disney channel actress

14. ryenne williams says:

it has always been my dream to be on disney channel i know how to sing and act the most i just want to put myself out there and share the spotlight with my bffs lauren and chiamaka we have always been there for each other even through our ups and our downs.

15. Sierra Miles says:

I would love to be on Disney channel!!!!! Please help me achieve my dream!!!

16. Robson Mangwiza says:

Hi my name is Robson Mangwiza and Iam 12years old l would love being on Disney bye now

17. Sarah says:

Hi I’m 11 years old and I’m a girl and I live in auburn ca

18. Sarah says:

Hi my name is Sarah i’m 11 years old I’m a girl I live in Auburn Ca and I love after I do a Christmas play every year for Christmas and I’ve been doing that for five years And I’m in a Christmas choir called Christmas desserts I have been doing that for two years and I just love acting I can sing but I can only sing with people sing with me but I could but I choose not to sing by myself I really want to be in Disney channel so that I can help my mom and dad get money for family I have one brother two sisters and I have animals I have three goats that are pregnant ,two bunnies ,10 chickens ,two dogs a guinea pig , so I just really want to be a actor on Disney channel it’s always been a dream of mine to be on it thank u

19. Sarah says:

Can I take acting very serious

20. Sarah says:

Sorry i take Acting very serious

21. Isabell Theissen says:

Hello my name is Isabell but I prefer being called Izzy. Acting has been my dream ever since I remember. I am so inspired by all the actors/actresses on t.v. today. I also know it is severely hard to become an actress but I want to be known for who I am and what I do. I am a twelve year old girl who’s had this dream forever. And I know some people might say oh but your too young sweetheart. But I’m not there is actors and actresses out there younger than me. I just want a chance at something that I will try my hardest at. And I believe in myself and know that I can do it. If there is anyone out there that can help me become an actress please let me know. It’s the one thing I’m good at because I am terrible at sports. Please please please I want to become one.

22. Cheyenne Coleman says:

I’ve Always Wanted To Be An Actress But I’m Having Trouble Please Help Me Plus I Am 13 Years Old

23. maryjane salazar says:

I honestly tried hard all my life to become what I want to become.
    I’m still a 9th grader and my feature depends one me. I want to became an actress, I can do whatever it takes to get in the Disney channel team. I love the environment, helping people and all I have to do is achieve my success on becoming an actress.

24. Ben@McConley says:

Get parental support and look up talent agents in your area.Write a legitimate and thorough resume.Get a head shot that will catch eyes.Choose your potential agents carefully.

25. 1 5 6 7